We are seeking a highly motivated Experienced Researcher (ER) to join the EU-FP7 Marie Curie CACHE project (Calcium in a CHanging Environment – http://www.cache-itn.eu/) to determine the impacts of climate change on the European shellfish industry based in Oban, Scotland.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 12th April 2016. Interviews will take place on Friday 29th April 2016.
Your role will be to:
1. Collate, critically appraise and produce a synthesis of data derived from various sources on the resilience and adaptability of cultured bivalves to climate change;
2. Make predictions about how the industry could best adapt to climate change and the broader ecological consequences of such adaptations and;
3. Develop statistical models to predict the economic and ecological impacts of climate change to the industry.
You will need to exhibit excellent communication and numeracy skills, must be prepared to travel widely within Europe and be able to produce comprehensive papers/reports within strict deadlines.
There are strict eligibility criteria for this post:
- Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the UK for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- Candidates must have less than 5 years of full time research experience counted from the diploma that gives the right to start a doctoral degree: PhD and 1 or 2 years of experience.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding the eligibility.
For the full advert: click here
For the Job Description: click here